- Steve Ramsden Photography is a trading name of Steve Ramsden Studio Limited, Co Reg No 05039737.
- When you book an appointment with us you are subject to the Terms and Conditions below, together with any additional terms attached to specific promotions, and the terms of any third parties from whom you have purchased or won vouchers/experiences.
- We reserve the right to amend, vary or cancel these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- All bookings are at the discretion of Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd; we reserve the right to refuse a booking from anyone whose behaviour manner or demeanour is offensive, racist or aggressive towards our staff or for any other reason, and without giving reason for the cancellation.
- We reserve the right to deny or terminate a client/s’ experience with immediate effect if we feel that their behaviour, presentation or hygiene may compromise the experience for other clients or our staff, and without giving reason for such denial or termination.
- No photographs or videos may be taken on the premises at any time, including (but not exclusively) the duration of your photography session and the duration of your follow up viewing session. We reserve the right to deny or terminate a client/s’ experience with immediate effect in the event that you the client or anyone attending the session with you is found to be taking photos or videos on any device, including mobile phones. This will invalidate any vouchers, booking fees, deposits, offers, competition wins you have on your account, and any rights attached to any vouchers, booking fees, deposits, offers or competition wins.
- Whilst we will do our best to work to appointment schedules owing to the nature of the experiences we provide, we cannot guarantee accurate appointment times. We are always dependent upon each of our customers respecting the timescales allocated to them, and whilst we strive very hard to adhere to advised appointment times, we also need to maintain a degree of flexibility with each and every client. To help us in this quest, we respectfully request that you attend your appointment in good time; please allow plenty of time for travelling; please take time to read our ‘find us’ page carefully; please be sure that you know where our studio is.
- By default reserve the right to use any photographs taken by our photographers for display, website, literature, competition, promotions and advertisements.
- You may request that your photographs not be used for display by writing to Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd, 10 Gillingwood Road, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4ST.
- Except for Emma’s Diary midweek daytime photography appointments, ie for all other photography experience sessions, we will request a £35 booking fee to reserve your appointment date and time. This is completely refundable upon completion of your experience with us. ‘Completion of your experience’ means that you have attended both your photography session and your follow up viewing session. Refund of your booking fee is not contingent upon you making any additional purchases. In the event that you make additional purchases, your booking fee may be used to offset the total cost of the purchase if preferred. In the event that you do not complete your experience for whatever reason we reserve the right to retain your booking fee to offset our own costs and administration expenses involved with your booking.
- Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd will not choose complimentary or purchased photographs on behalf of clients, as all choices are personal to you. Clients must attend their studio viewing session in person to complete their experience with us.
Amending and cancelling experiences
- Appointments can be rearranged or cancelled by calling Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd on 01904 479063 not less than five clear working days excluding weekends prior to the appointment date and time.
- Rearranging or cancelling your appointment with less than the above notice will result in your booking fee being retained.
- We are able to re-arrange appointments once, when the above notice has been given. Those needing to re-arrange a second or subsequent time will need to pay a second booking fee, which may be used as credit towards additional orders should you wish to make them.
- A booking fee is required for all photographic appointments at the studio, the current fee is £35 and is subject to change.
- Booking feess are automatically deducted from orders made at the viewing session.
- If no purchase is made at the viewing session, the booking fee will be refunded in full.
- If an experience is cancelled with the afformetioned notice, but the appointment is not rescheduled, then the full booking fee will be retained until such time as the photographic experience has been completed.
- Those who reschedule their appointment more than once will be asked to pay a second booking fee which can then be used as credit towards additional orders.
- All competition winners and runners-up will be notified by text, email, message or phone call from Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd.
- Products won, alongside an experience, are non-transferable, without the express permission of Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd.
- Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd reserves the right to remove or cancel live/ongoing competitions and/or wins at any time, or to change the terms of such without notice.
- Copyright for all images remains with Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd at all times and images must not be reproduced in any form without our written permission.
- If you purchase digital imagery you will receive a “licence to print” granting you permission to reproduce images for any personal.
- Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd will always retain copyright of your images in all formats. Anybody party using Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd images for commercial use, without prior written permission, will be invoiced appropriately.
- If your experience was purchased from a third party company, additional Terms and Conditions may apply.
- We only accept one voucher per family or household per year. If you have multiple vouchers, please call Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd on 01904 479063 to discuss your options.
- Those who partake in the Emma’s Diary scheme may attend up to three baby portrait sessions in the baby’s first year. Family and siblings may also attend each session.
- When using a voucher, it is your responsibility to ensure that you book an appointment before the expiry date. If you are unsure of the expiry date of your voucher, please call Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd on 01904 479063, or otherwise the 3rd party voucher issuer.
- We reserve the right to require a non-refundable booking fee when accepting vouchers outside of their terms and conditions or expiry.
- Only gift vouchers purchased directly from the studio or www.steveramsdenstudio.co.uk are eligible for a full refund. Vouchers purchased from a third party are not the responsibility of Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd.
- A gift card may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer; it is not redeemable for cash or goods and may only be used as described. Gift cards have no intrinsic face value.
- Gift vouchers may not be used to purchase photographs from a previous studio session.
Late Arrivals and ‘No Shows‘
- If you don’t attend your appointment on time, or at the very latest within 15 minutes of the due start time, or do not complete your entire experience including make-up (when booked), photo shoot and viewing session then your booking fee will be retained. In the case of group/family bookings, we can’t begin your photography session until all parties have arrived. One late arrival (over 15 minutes late) may result in the whole booking being postponed/cancelled, and your booking fee being retained. A rebooking may be made at the sole discretion of Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd, this doesn’t imply that we have any obligation to do so.
- After a “No Show”, you may be able to book another appointment with a new booking fee at the discretion of Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd.
- If you arrive after your allocated appointment time, we may continue with your experience at our discretion. If we have customers due with us following your won appointment time, this will not be an option and your appointment will be cancelled/postponed.
- Postage & packaging costs for delivered orders are £10.00 for smaller items, £25 for couriered items. All items are posted at your risk. Glass is extremely fragile, we can’t insure it. Should your products arrive damaged, we accept no responsibility. We highly recommend that you collect from us when your products are ready.
- You are under no obligation to purchase prints, images or any products from your photo shoot experience and we operate a ‘No Hard Sell’ policy.
- Your viewing appointment is your only opportunity to order, so we kindly ask that you arrange a time that is convenient for all interested parties. ‘First viewing’ sessions will attract discounted pricing in some cases.
- Due to the personalised nature of the product, all photographic goods purchased directly from Steve Ramsden Studio Ltd using the standard ordering process are exempt from the statutory right to cancellation within seven working days.
- Whilst we strive to complete orders in a timely fashion, we do use outside suppliers and orders can take up to 8 weeks to complete.
- We strongly advise that orders are collected from the studio and do not recommend having your orders posted to you as we cannot be held responsible for any damage and/or breakages if received in this way.
- Your viewing appointment is a fundamental element of your experience and therefore the same policy applies to viewing sessions as to your photographic session.
- We offer one viewing session per experience at a time of mutual convenience in our viewing room. We will endeavour to book your viewing session immediately after your photography session, and before you leave the studio. Please bring along your diary to allow you to consider dates and times whilst you are with us. In the event of you not being able to agree a return date and time at that point, you will be responsible for contacting steve Ramsden Studio Ltd and arranging a suitable time and date to revisit.
- In the event that you do not contact us, or alternatively in the event that you do not respond to our efforts to contact you via email/messaging/text or telephone within 30 days of your photography session, we will notify you by email/text/message of our intention to remove your images from our files within 7 days of said notification. In that event, we will retain your booking fees.
- In the event that you don’t respond to the final notice within 7 days of that notice, we will remove all images photographed from our files, without recourse or further responsibility to our customers. Under current legislation, you have a right to be left alone, and we have no right to retain your data if it is no longer required for its intended purpose. If you have not responded to us within the stated time period, we will assume that you no longer wish to take things forward and complete your experience. We will retain your booking fee.
- We do not offer remote viewing or an online ordering service and we cannot accept orders over the phone or email.
- Viewing your photos on the same day as your shoot may be prearranged when asked for at time of booking, subject to staffing and availability. For further information, please call 01904 479063.
- The client who booked the appointment and paid the booking deposit must be present at the viewing appointment as should all adult attendees and the parents of those under 18 years.
- We recommend that children under the age of 16 do not attend the viewing appointment, it really isn’t the place for a disinterested child. (Babies excepted, they will usually sleep or gurgle through) 🙂