Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley and St Marys Church, Horsforth – wedding photography of Elinor and Chris
Elinor and Chris were married at St Mary’s church, Horsforth, Leeds before going on to The Craiglands Hotel in Leeds for their wedding reception.
Elinor was a bridesmaid at a wedding we photographed approx 5 years ago, and it was lovely to see Kate and Richard (our original couple) again at the wedding.
Elinor got ready at home, before travelling to church with her dad. After the wedding ceremony, the guests went straight to The Craiglands Hotel for a drinks reception and canapés, whilst Elinor and Chris travelled via the Cow and Calf rocks on Ilkley Moor for some wedding photographs with a difference.
It had been touch and go leading uo to the wedding whether the weather would hold out for us whilst on Ilkley Moor – I had driven up the day before and returned to my car in heavy rain and hail! As it happened, on the day we had a mixture of clear sky with heavy storm clouds, but no rain on the moor. We were blessed with a stunning full rainbow in the valley with a dramatic skyline behind.
Back at the hotel, Elinor and Chris joined their guests for a chilled afternoon reception, then settled down for dinner in the St Bernard Suite. After dinner, guests were entertained by a Beetles tribute band.
1) Elinor’s table decorations at The Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley
2) The head table set for dinner, The Craiglands, Ilkley
3) Cake of cheese
4) Guests mingling outside St Marys Church, Horsforth, after the weddings
5) Elinor’s flowers
6) Elinor on Ilkley Moor
7) Chris at the Cow and Calf rocks
8) Jo receives his wedding gift – a Leeds Rhinos souvenir
9) Elinor mingling with guests during the afternoon reception
10) Chris during the speeches at The Craiglands Hotel
11) A Beetles tribute band entertain the wedding guests