Marriott Hotel, York and St Everildas, Upper Poppleton – wedding photography of Sara and Kevin
I photographed a lovely wedding last weekend, all very local to York, with bride Sara getting ready at home with her bridesmaids before travelling to her countryside church wedding at St Everildas, Upper Poppleton.
I met the the groom and his two best men at the church before the service for a few photos, before Sara arrived with her dad and bridesmaids in a beautiful Bentley R Type and black camper van, supplied by Superior Motor Cars of York.
After the service, bride Sara and groom Kevin held an afternoon wedding reception at the Marriott Hotel, York for their wedding guests. Best man Sebastian and a team from the York Bird Of Prey Centre brought along a selection of birds of prey, providing an unusual entertainment for the guests.
Another unusual treat for the guests were individually turned wooden mushrooms, which Sara’s dad Steve had painstakingly produced in the months leading up to the wedding. Each mushroom had its own stand, with the guest’s name inlayed, and each mushroom was a gift for each guests to take away. Each table in turn had its own centre piece of a larger wood turned mushroom, which were presented to the guests – a very thoughtful and unusual gift from the bride and groom, and of course, from Steve.
Wedding guests enjoyed an evening disco late into the night.
Have a look at the teasers below from the wedding, I have also added a few more here on my Facebook Page
1) Sara’s gorgeous flowers – soft pink roses
2) Groom Kevin at St Everilda’s Church before the ceremony
3) One half of the best man duo, Sebastian
4) St Everilda’s Church, during the ceremony
5) Sara and Kevin during the ceremony
6) The York Bird of Prey Centre brought along some fine birds of prey during the afternoon
7) An example of the wood turned mushrooms made for all the guests by Steve
8) Plenty of thought and detail went into the table layouts
9) More table decoration details
10) Spoilt for choice – a kiddies sweetie stand (when I say kiddies – there were some ‘big’ kiddies as well!)
11) Sara and Kevin during their first dance.