Wedding photography at Our Lady and St Benedicts Church, Ampleforth, and afterwards at The Pheasant Hotel Harome.
Ampleforth is home to an amazing collection of places of worship, the village itself is stunningly beautiful, and it’s always a pleasure to photograph there. It’s a few years since I last photographed at Our Lady and St Benedicts, I think I’d forgotten just how pretty it is inside.
Michele and Peter were married there last weekend, holding their reception at The Pheasant Hotel in Harome. The original plan was to begin by photographing the bride in Ampleforth then move over to the church for the groomsmen shots, but bride Michele had a cunning plan up her sleeve. She’d arranged a classic Police Car to pick Peter, his best man, and dad up at The Pheasant, for the trip to church. Peter was completely taken by surprise, especially as Karen and I photographed the three gents from all angles imaginable as we tried desperately to keep the secret until the car arrived at the venue.
The wait was well worth it, the car did arrive with an authentic police bell announcing its arrival. Peter was thrilled, best man Stuart was equally relieved I think. All three jumped in and we met them at church for a few more shots before heading off to meet up with the bridal party for a few prep shots.
Our Lady and St Benedicts is a special place for Michele and her family, it is a particularly gorgeous church, we love to photograph there.
Everyone returned to The Pheasant Harome for the afternoon reception. Michele and Peter travelled back in a glorious 1952 Bentley Freestone and Webb classic wedding car by Superior Motor Cars and driven by the glamorous Nikki.
The food at The Pheasant is to die for. Michele and Peter’s guests were treated (and I mean truly treated) to a six course taster menu follow by coffee and home made chocolates (heavenly).
The atmosphere at The Pheasant is extremely homely. Log fires warm the drawing room and bar areas, and guests relax amongst comfortable furnishings.
All in all a wonderful day, we have some superb photographs for Michele and Peter when they return from honeymoon. Here is a second taster menu for the guests – I hope you enjoy it as much as the food tasters!
Friends and guests can now see the full selection of photographs here
1) Peter, Richard and Stuart await the arrival of the Classic Police Car. It drove all the way from the 1950s but eventually arrived 😉
2) The Classic Police Car, complete with authentic bell, Peter’s surprise transport to church.
3) The dashboard of the Police Car – detail shot.
4) Michele with her bridesmaids just before leaving for church.
5) Michele and Peter treated their guests to a taster menu at The Pheasant Hotel, Harome
6) Table plan – detail shot
7) Just one of the many delicious courses – yes, we photographed them all!
8) Cake of cheese.
9) Guests enjoy drinks in front of the open fire in the bar area
10) Champagne all poured ready for the speeches
11) First dance in the conservatory.